Thursday, December 31, 2009

Marple Leaf reviews 2009

Here are this blog's highlights of 2009 based on the ten most common categories.

Blackburn Rovers - well, I'm on a bit of a downer about this at the moment, but the win over Burnley was a very special day.

Marple - I was moved beyond words at how Marple turned out for Remembrance Day.

Book review in a lift - I still haven't got over quite how brilliant The Road by Cormac McCarthy is. As with many fine things in life it was recommended by my best pal John Dixon.

Friends - we've really enjoyed time with our friends this year, from trips to Center Parcs, Amsterdam, Cornwall, at home and on football tour.

Wine - Stopping drinking for a few months was quite a cleansing experience. That said, a very hearty Unicorn from Robinson's went down well on Tuesday.

Politics - what a dreadful mess. Definite low point was the North West electing that goon. Tory conference in Manchester was good sport, liked Philip Blond and Philip Hammond. Cameron was vapid.

Commuting - It has been a very pleasant year on the Rose Hill thunderbolt, unless the worst guard on the railway is working.

Jokes - I had a go at stand-up, of a manner, but I still think the best joke I've heard this year is this - the best Irish joke ever.

Music -I've really struggled with new music this year. Nothing really stands out. But live wise, Elbow with the Hallé was an amazing experience.

Blogging - this was the year when I got into Twitter, but never at the expense of this blog. I will resolve in the new year to cross post, link and blog a great deal more.

No comments: