Saturday, October 03, 2015

Best Rovers performance for years


Twenty three years ago this weekend I saw one of the most complete Blackburn Rovers performances I've ever seen. A 7-1 demolition of league leaders Norwich City gave a glimpse of the awesomeness of Alan Shearer but also the well-drilled team Kenny Dalglish had assembled.

Seriously, today we were that good again. Alright, so it's a division lower but you can only ever play what's in front of you. I simply can't fault a single player. Not every pass came off, but for sheer work rate, risk taking and bursts of sublime skill we were on our A game today.

I'm never that interested in who the opposition are, but I'm told Ipswich are much fancied. That they have a striker called Darryl Murphy who scores for fun. Well he must spent so much time in Grant Hanley's pocket I never noticed him. 


The only downers on a great day at Ewood were the crashing of the turnstile system which meant we missed kick off and the rumbling of our secret car park in Lower Darwen (pic, above). But this was some silver lining today. Feels like we've got our Rovers back.

No comments: