Sunday, March 25, 2012

Marple Conservatives swing into action

I noticed that the Marple Conservatives have named a candidate in the forthcoming election - let me introduce Carl Rydings, who will be standing in Marple South, our ward.

Here is his website. He's also on Twitter @carlryds.

He's put a leaflet out, which has slightly different versions for Strines and High Lane. He's concerned about road surfaces, Lib Dem dominance and high council taxes.

I'll keep up to date as best I can, but as I mentioned in the previous postings, the chances of an independent candidate standing have passed. I would love to step up to the plate and represent this community, but I just can't spare the time, I'm planning a new business, which is going to be an enormous undertaking, and I have a large family. On top of all that, I am juggling all my domestic responsibilities with being a school governor, football club committee member and wishing to do all I can to stop Asda.

I've made my feelings clear on Shan Alexander, she must go. So I await a strong showing from Carl Rydings, the candidate best placed to beat her.

No comments: