Friday, July 23, 2010

Fighting to be fit

For my birthday Rachel bought me an excellent present. A personal trainer called Steve Hoyles, booked though Theo Wood.

I have suffered great pain since he started his Tuesday evening appointments and began the long process of licking me into some kind of shape. We have done weight training and he has compiled me a diet sheet. I will update on progress in time.

In summary, after the first session my legs turned to stone the next day. The day after that they hardened to granite. Walking was difficult.

Though the session itself was harder on the second visit, the leg pain was bearable but my chest has been stiff. This is all good, I'm sure. I am feeling much more alert and some of the excess timber is dropping off. I'm sure that not drinking is a big help too.

No comments: