Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Word Podcast - a sort of an apology

A while back I said The Word magazine's podcast was, er, not up to the same impeccable standards as the print product. Link is here. Well, it's getting better and better. Or else I'm getting used to the fact that it doesn't have to be Radio 4 standards to be brilliant radio. The last one on St Patrick's Day also revealed the bit on Match of the Day 2 that I missed, when Alan Pardew described some action in the Chelsea v Manchester City game - "he's absolutely raped him there".

And some lines about cliches which no self respecting writer should use - "iconic" being one.

And some humour about the People's Republic of Stoke Newington.

I listened to it whilst driving in first gear through the most dangerous place on earth. It took me 1 hour and 40 minutes.

No comments: